Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Yogi Bear, Again













On Monday morning I decided it would be a fun day for me to do something with the kids and let the kids do whatever they wanted to do, within reason. So with Caroline being the oldest, by 14.5 whole months, I told her that we could do whatever she wanted to do that day and all she had to do was tell me what she wanted to do. I was glad she didn't say she wanted to go to Disney World or something outlandish and I had a hunch she would say something like this, 'I want to go to Yogi Bear' and that she did. So we loaded up and headed to Yogi Bear and were there by 10 a.m. and we were the only ones there. No joke. We were it. They did not have one other child to play with, just each other and I loved it! We didn't have to wait in lines, I didn't have to police the lines, I didn't have to watch and make sure my kids were playing nice, it was just us. We had the entire park to ourselves. At one point there was one other mom and her son there but they were only there for about 20 minutes and they headed back to their camping spot.



We spent tons of time at the water park area but we also played for the first time at the playground. Usually the kids are too tired, as am I, to play at the playground but we did it this time. They loved it. They had a fun set of slides and Hayes kept saying that they had 'really, really, really fast slides' and he would go down them over and over, saying that phrase over and over. It was really cute. Caroline loved flying down the slides and fly she did...check out her face in some of the pictures.



We had the best time just hanging out together. The only thing that could have made this day more perfect is if Troy could have been with us. However, I am going to include photos of our meltdowns. A day with the Odom family is never complete without full blown meltdowns {that is who we are---don't you know!}.



We had a great time playing and it was finally time to leave or the kids would miss nap time and I just can't do that to them {or myself} and they just didn't want to go. Since I have my 'handy dandy camera' (that's for you Blue's Clues watchers) I decided to document another meltdown to let you know that we really do have them often and I survive them daily just as most of you readers do...I just tend to have my camera ready...admit it, they last much longer than the snap of a camera. Anyway, we made it through the meltdowns, made it to the car and they were fast asleep before we got home.



In spite of the meltdowns we had a perfect day. I loved having the park to myself with my kids. It was amazing to watch them play together---finally. I got to have uninterrupted playtime with them meaning no laundry, no phone, no dishwasher, no vacuuming (wait, who am I kidding, I don't vacuum..hahha), it was just us. I sometimes get so busy in the daily stuff that we forget to just play and we just played and it was good....my kids were good, no, my kids were GREAT!

0 comments: