Never in a million years did we think that we would have four kids between the two of us but here we are, two friends that shared their first year of college at Southern Miss as roommates in Pulley Hall and we are hanging on for the ride of our lives as parents. College has nothing on this party! We had a blast today at the Yogi Bear Water Park as we met up with my college roommate, Shelley and her two kids, Conner and Reese. We could never quite get everyone together for a photo but we certainly tried!
Shelley came in town from Colorado, for the week and I was so glad to see her and so excited to see her sweet children. It was so fun to see how life can take you down such different roads and yet the roads really not be that different at all. She ended up in Colorado after Southern Miss but her parents still live here and boy am I glad. I still get to see her when she visits and I am glad our kids will grow up knowing one another.
Funny story: On the first day of class at Southern Miss I had Biology 101 with in Stout Hall. It met on M/W from 2-3:15. I only remember that because that is where I met Troy! Anyway, when I came home from class that day, the first day of class, I walked in and Shelley was in the room. I sat down on the bed and declared that I had met my husband, Troy Odom. We laughed like freshmen do and talked about something else. Funny thing is that here I am, twelve years later married to Troy Odom. What I think is even funnier is that she remembered that! I remember telling her that and Troy LOVES that story (especially since I was dating someone else and so was he and we didn't end up dating until later that year) but until today I had no idea she remembered that. So, you never know what people will remember, so note to self: always be nice :)
Shelley's kids, Conner & Reese, are darling! They are close in age to my kids and we laughed about how we don't feel old enough or responsible enough for the job of parenting! What a job God has given us. Here are a few pics of the day. Have a safe trip back to Colorado, Shelley! Come back soon!!!


Oh, and BooBoo woke up from his Bear nap to come read us a story. It was quite a treat that the kids loved. Well, Caroline loved it and Hayes did not love it. He sat in my lap and did not move. He cried when the 'scary bear' came close. So I am glad we aren't doing Disney with Hayes this year. That could have been really bad!



Oh, and BooBoo woke up from his Bear nap to come read us a story. It was quite a treat that the kids loved. Well, Caroline loved it and Hayes did not love it. He sat in my lap and did not move. He cried when the 'scary bear' came close. So I am glad we aren't doing Disney with Hayes this year. That could have been really bad!


1 comments:
Time passes too quickly, Brittany! It's so fun to see old friends from Southern Miss together still. My freshman roommate from Pulley Hall lives in Colorado too!
Post a Comment