Monday, August 25, 2008

Back To Reality


I am back---to reality that is. I left for Dallas on Friday afternoon, kid & husband free. How did this happen you ask? My dad called two Wednesday afternoons ago and it was in the heat of a major meltdown of one of the kids. To spare the details and focus on my wonderful weekend, my dad quickly sent a round trip ticket to Dallas for me to spend a weekend away. He figured I needed a quick break and boy was he right. Not that I do not LOVE my family, but things have been wild and I have been sick and mommy's can't get sick you know...there isn't time for mom's to get sick. I needed to rest and get better.
As soon as I arrived, he took me straight to get my hair cut, a manicure & a pedicure. I was in heaven. We then headed to Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen for dinner. It was perfect. I went to sleep by 10 and didn't wake up until 9:30 the next morning only to take a nap again at 11 and sleep until 2:30. I really must have been exhausted as I NEVER sleep like that.

After hitting the Frisco Mall, we headed to see my brother and his sweet family and ate at Kobe Japanese Steak House. It was great!

We relaxed on Sunday and I was home by 10 last night. It was perfect! I loved getting to just hang out with my dad and loved getting to be a daughter instead of a mom----now I am refreshed and glad to be a mom again....not that I ever stopped being one, but I loved the break, if only for a two day weekend. And yes, it took me a while to get over the total guilt for leaving, but once I did, I relaxed and it was fantastic!
A huge thanks to Dad for this WONDERFUL weekend as it was much needed and a huge help to get me well rested and finally back to good health...not to mention back to good spirits and ready to be a happy Mommy! Thanks Mom, Gamma and Troy for letting me & my dad pull this off!

4 comments:

Melissa Lester said...

Wow, what a sweet dad to recognize just what you needed! Haircut, manicure, pedicure, dinner out, naps and shopping -- that's the perfect weekend we mommies dream about! After being pampered over the weekend, I know you must feel so refreshed and happy to resume your many duties as wife and mommy.

Danielle said...

Your dad rocks.

Robin said...

I am so glad you got to have this little get away. Dads are good at pampering their little girls,no matter what the age.

Carly Winborne said...

Amazing. I hope you feel rested and ready to start over. Back to reality is never fun... I love you!