Happy Birthday, Hayes! Hayes turned TWO today and we had a great day. Here is the first picture I took this morning and I took a hilarious video that did not actually take---so I'll narrate it for you. We have been having major problems with Hayes and him staying in his bed. He has no problem crawling in or out of it and does it all the time. We are usually in the room playing with him when he does it so I am there to help him but yesterday morning I heard him playing in his bed, or so I thought. When I walked in, I found him knocking on the door saying 'I need out of here' and laughing. I couldn't help but laugh but I had to tell him not to climb out of his bed.
Then, this morning it was totally quiet in his room and I went to wake him up and I didn't find him in his bed. I was a bit frightened until I heard 'BOO' and he peeks out from around his closet door. I was so startled that my video messed up! This is not funny anymore----he is moving to a big boy bed tomorrow (blog pics to come). He, however thought it was hilarious!
That said, my baby is growing into a toddler and I am actually very sad that time is passing so quickly. Our kids are so close in age that it all seems to run together sometimes, but this birthday for Hayes makes me realize that I don't have 'babies' anymore, but Troy and I have 'kids' and we have made it through the baby 'years' with these two little monkeys---whew! Now on to the rest of the years :)



3 comments:
That is funny! WIsh we could have seen that video!!
Happy Birthday Hayes!!!! I know you had a GREAT one!
I don't need a video. I've seen him in the act!!!! It's hard to believe that when we met Hayes was a little baby in a stroller! Happy Birthday, Buddy!!!! Katherine can't wait to Pump It Up!
Happy Birthday Hayes!!! i can't believe he is already 2!! conner used to do the same thing as hayes in his crib. i still can't believe it when people have kids older than 1 who actually stay in their cribs. we just have wild boys. we had to move conner to a big boy bed at about hayes' age and it was better.
Post a Comment