Friday, August 15, 2008

Great Kids

Yesterday the kids decided they were going to give me a break and they decided to give up their circus act and revert back to the sweet children that I knew they were. We had a pretty good day. That said, it doesn't mean we didn't have our share of time outs, tantrums, fits, etc...but overall, they were my normal, good kids. We had a good day and stayed at home, all day long! Oh, and some of you have commented and sent me emails about the last post and my ability to take pictures during the meltdowns....I figured that things couldn't go any further South so I may as well document it. I usually have my camera in my purse, so I whipped it out. It only takes a second, so I figured I could use the memory for a good laugh later---what doesn't kill me has to make me stronger, right?

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. They actually played sweet for most of the day! Caroline helped me cook chicken-n-dumplings while Hayes toted around his Handy Manny tool set (I'll post more on these toys later as they are great). They also love to ride Frunko, the horse named by Caroline {I know, strange name don't ask}, and they decided they both wanted to ride it while I cleaned up the goldfish pie they made in Caroline's room...yet another post for another day....They are getting so big and changing so fast....doesn't Hayes look like such a big boy in his big boy outfit?

2 comments:

BRETT BOROUGHS said...

That made me hungry for chicken and dumplings so I made some, too.

Melissa Lester said...

What a cute blog you have! You have adorable children, and I see that we share a love of dressing them to match. Doesn't it just melt your heart? Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I am so glad you appreciated "Delivering Comfort" and would love for you to add a link. Please visit any time!