Saturday, August 09, 2008

Pump It Up for Our Little Monkey, Hayes










We celebrated Hayes' birthday today at Pump It Up and had a blast! We are completely exhausted and it was totally worth every second. The kids had a great time and once again (just like at Caroline's) the parents seemed to have just as much fun. The kids were much smaller at this party so it was fun to see these little ones jump, play, and laugh at one another. All of the kids were too cute!


I decided that Hayes would have a 'Monkey' themed party for his birthday since he is truly our climbing monkey. He can climb up on or out of anything! I have found him on top of the table, the kids kitchen in the playroom, his changing table, the bathroom sink, and too many other places to list. Once I had the theme picked out, I started talking it up to Hayes. Next year he'll get to pick, but he might as well have picked because he LOVED the monkey idea and he LOVES Pump It Up. This day was perfect and he was surrounded by his fun, sweet friends (and our friends), two grandmothers, and one great-grandmother (my grandma). We did miss having several members of our family there and really missed Popz (my dad) and I will post way more pictures than necessary---mostly so he can see what a fun day Hayes had....Love and miss you, Popz!





Two years with my sweet Hayes have flown by and I wish I could turn the clock back on so many things. I love watching him grow and change, but I often wish I could do some things differently as a parent. Sometimes I have to stop and change my tone or attitude and remember that these children are a gift and they really are innocent (most of the time!) and gifts from the Lord----what a gift. I am grateful beyond words for Hayes and Caroline and on this birthday party day for Hayes, I am reminded how fast the years really do fly by. It seems like YESTERDAY he was wearing a blue smocked birthday candle outfit and blowing out one little candle!

Happy Birthday, Haysie...Mommy Loves You!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Precious photos! I love the monkey theme! We're doing multiple little parties for Julia's birthday instead of one big one since we're all over the place this month. Planning a get together for the weekend of Aug 23/24 at my parents' house. I'll let you know the details, but if you're free we'd love to have y'all come out and play!

Justin and Lisa Rhodes said...

Addison and I had soo much fun at the party! Happy Birthday Hayes!!!

christy said...

Happy Birthday Hayes!!!!!