Friday, August 01, 2008

Summer Nights












Oh how I love summer nights. Two nights ago, Troy & I took the kids to Bruster's to get an ice cream cone. They had been on their best behavior Monday night so this was their reward. Caroline remembered why she was getting ice cream and Hayes was just glad to be eating this special treat.
I had a migraine that came on full force at about 4:30 on Monday afternoon. Troy had the kids from after work until bed time and he kept the kids quiet. It was amazing how Caroline just knew to be quiet and Hayes was very well behaved because 'Mommy was sick'. I have headaches often, but this was a booger. (I'll spare you the details but I was not up for dealing with a 2 & a 3 year old at the moment...and I get these often and I can tolerate almost anything....so this was BAD) I didn't hear the kids until 7 a.m. the next morning which was a total blessing and they definitely needed to be rewarded.




Caroline wanted pink ice cream so pink ice cream she got. They had a great time eating/wearing their ice cream and what a fun summer night we had as a family....I love my family!

And yes, Hayes is not wearing shoes. They do not stay on his feet or should I say he will not keep them on his feet. I try, I really do try it just doesn't happen and sometimes it just isn't worth the fight. I just let it slide this night and let him run around with bare feet---so yes, we looked like a red-neck family, but it was fun and we had a great time!

1 comments:

BRETT BOROUGHS said...

Yikes! Troy's ice cream looks to be about as big as his head. Is that healthy?