Saturday, January 03, 2009

Teddy Bear Tea in New Orleans





















The purpose of our girls trip to New Orleans was to attend the Teddy Bear Tea Party at the Royal Sonesta. I learned of this event via blog reading from my friend Nikki. I remembered thinking how much fun it seemed and that I hoped Caroline would be 'old enough' to go with a friend next year. Well, the time came in September for us to decide if she was and Troy and I said it was a go. So we invited Kelly and Katherine and boy it was amazing.


The lobby of the hotel was beautiful. You can see in the pictures that the hallway was lined with trees that were sprayed white, but they were in-fact real trees. The smell was incredible! As we headed down the hallway for the tea party, the girls could see the Snow Princess waiting to greet them outside. She was just beautiful and the girls started to squeal. As we got closer, Santa walked out to greet our sweet kiddos. Caroline was a bit hesitant, but Katherine knew he was the gift bringer, so she waltzed right up to him. He was, BY FAR, the best Santa ever! He took Katherine by the hand and walked her up to his seat. Caroline watched and warmed up. He talked to gently to both girls and was so jolly.


After pictures we were escorted to our seats and were able to enjoy just about any kind of tea party food you could imagine. They had 'kids' food and then 'adult' food. Everything was great. The trumpeters started and a parade including Santa, Mrs. Claus, Snow Princess, Frosty &, Rudolph entered. They all came by each table and played with the kids. Mrs. Claus read a story to the kids and then took pictures with each child.

It was amazing! The girls had the best time and Kelly and I were so pleased at the way everything went. It was so nice and so planned out that the kids were constantly busy and entertained. I can't wait until next year as this is worth another trip. If you can do this with your little one (boy or girl) it is worth the trip to New Orleans. But call in advance as tickets sell out (and FYI, if you can go on a weekday the crowds are much better.....as we were leaving they said that they had 250 ready to attend the Saturday tea).

Oh how much fun we had with these sweet girls. I am heartbroken that my camera didn't take great pics as these are the BEST I was able to get....next year they will be better (Santa brought me a new camera!).

3 comments:

Amy said...

omg it looks like ya'll had so much fun. you will have to remind us about this next year, Harlee would love it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! We are soooo going next year. Luckily, Pepper will not be in school yet, so we can go during the week too. That is just the best ever!

NIKKI said...

I am so glad you loved it! We wouldn't miss it for anything!