Caroline and I have been attending 'Science Camp' since she turned 2 and she loves it. It is held at the Natural Science Museum, is free (you just have to pay to enter the museum), and the kids have a blast.
They are currently having registration and it FILLS UP FAST! I thought I would pass the info along to my blog friends as I know several of you would love to take your kids to this fun summer event. I'll list a few of the details but you'll need to call to register and get more info. The BIGGEST thing is that it is something for you to do one on one with your child. Siblings can attend but there has to be an extra set of hands....one child per adult. This is a great rule as it leaves the class open
for plenty of hands on activities (even though inconvenient for some).
for plenty of hands on activities (even though inconvenient for some). The camp meets on three consecutive weeks for one day a week for one hour. During that hour the kids do a craft, go on a nature walk, pet animals at the museum and have a story time. The hour goes by so fast and the kids are totally engaged---it is great!
Here are the dates, call today to get your spot :)
Session 1: Ocean Wonders-sharks, turtles & whales
June 1, 8, 15 Two year olds & their caregiver 9:30-10:30
June 1, 8, 15 ages 3,4,5 & their caregiver 11:00-12:00 noon
Session 2: Ocean Wonders
June 22, 29, July 6 ages 3,4,5, 9:30-10:30 OR 11:00-12 noon
Each camp session is set up for 16 participants-eight children, each with one adult
Call Joan Elder at 601-354-7303 to register.....seriously, it fills up fast!
Pics on the blog are from Science Camp last year. My pics are not that great since I was so busy trying to help and play with Caroline....maybe this year will be better. If you have any questions about this camp please let me know!
P.S. Let me know if you signed up....I can't wait to see who all will be there!


.jpg)

4 comments:
We signed up for the science camp today. My sister, Christy, called and told me to check your blog for the details. We are so excited. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to meeting you and Caroline.
Yea Heatherly...can't wait to meet yall! Which session did you sign up for? We are doing the first session and I am taking Hayes to the 2's and then Caroline to the 3's.
It's too cute and so much fun!
YEA!!!! Brittany you are a dang wealth of information for me always. We got signed up this morning and will get to play with you and Hayes!!!!! Thank you so much for letting us know about this
I am not sure if you remember me, I am a friend of Carly's and signed my son Sam up for science camp after reading your blog!! He is all things ocean right now so it will be right up his alley!! Thanks so much for the info! We are taking the later session.
Post a Comment