With all of the fun Christmas activity we also had a case of bronchitis...in both kids. We were in the doctor's office on Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and about every other day in the middle. We were, however, well enough to go to our church's Christmas Eve service. This is one of my favorite services. I have always loved Christmas Eve and I was so glad we weren't at home sick....we were home later sick but we made it to church. (for all of my church friends....Caroline sat with me and Hayes was not the really sick one and we double checked, he was not contagious!).
Caroline sat in the sanctuary with Troy and I and she loved the singing and music. She sits with us every Sunday during 'Big Church' but it was fun to have her there on such a special night.
After church we headed home to make cookies for Santa, from
scratch....yea, it didn't happen, but we did make slice and bake and I think that he liked those just as much! Hayes helped a little but he was much more interested in the Apple Express cereal that he isn't allowed to have. Once the cookies were ready, Troy and I were starved and just a few short minutes of us commenting on how hungry we were, our wonderful neighbors (that have grown children) called and said that they made an extra home-made pizza...PERFECT! It was amazing and so wonderful to have that for dinner as we had nothing! Having sick kids throws everything off, you know?
After sprinkling the reindeer food everywhere we somehow got the kids to go on to bed. That is when the fun began....I won't post pics since Caroline looks at the blog, but Santa came and had to use elves to help put things
together...it was a long but fun night ;).jpg)


Wednesday, January 07, 2009
The Night Before Christmas
Posted by odomfamilyfun at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment