Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'll Paint His Toes Next.....






I guess these pictures, plus the title need a litle explaining...
This particular day when I got in the shower, all beds in the house were made, the house was relativly clean; I do not take long showers----4-5 minutes is the MAX time when I am alone with the kids. When I got in the shower, the kids arwere quietly watching a video with Sally, they were dressed and ready to go so all we had to do is walk out the door when I was ready (that was my plan anyway).
While I was in the shower, Caroline comes barreling in holidng a pair of little boys underwear and yells 'Can Hayes Wear These?' I quickly look and laugh and say, 'No, not yet...maybe soon'.
I didn't notice that she is no longer wearing her clothes.
I get out of the shower and the FIRST thing I always do is check on the kids. This time I hear them in Hayes's room. Good thing my camera was close because I would not have believed it myself if I had not caught it on camera---they had taken the sheets off of the bed, totally stripped down---both of them, Caroline re-dressed herself and she was in the process of dressing Hayes.
She was putting Buzz Lightyear underwear on him and a pair of HER pajama shorts. It was hilarious. It that were not funny enough, here is what she said when I asked her what she was doing, "Mom, I am getting him dressed, I'll paint his toes next, they'll be beautiful"...okay, this was too much. So much for getting mad or upset.
I laughed it off, they happily changed back into their regular clothes, I got dressed, we cleaned up later and he still isn't potty trained, but sweet Caroline, she's trying to get him there and she is trying to let him have good lookin' toes while doing so!
FYI: If Caroline has a choice she is in dress up clothes or in her pajamas, period. As soon as we walk in the door she takes off all of her clothes and plays dress up or puts on a pair of pajamas . I have one other friend that has a son that does this with pajamas but are there any girl moms out there with this issue? Caroline would LIVE in PJs or dress up clothes!!! I will say though that I have no problems getting her to put on real clothes to leave the house so it isn't a big deal as long as we are in the house---I actually think it is fun :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brittany, I swear you have the funniest kids ever!!!!! Pepper is just now starting to undress herself at home and school, so who knows I may have this problem eventually. Caroline and Hayes truly have the BEST personalities! That has to make you guys feel good as parents!!!!!

The Cross Family said...

So funny!!Gotta love some pajamas...but does Caroline match hers? Thomas in no way ever picks out matching pajamas.

Elaine said...

I am right there with you! as soon as we get home Haley strips down and puts on "something comfy". most likely it is pajamas!! so, you are not alone!

Jeanelle said...

That's just a hilarious story!!

Guess what I am about to work on...??? yep, the header!
Just trying to decide what size to make it.

Laura said...

Julia is all about the pajamas too! So glad she's not the only one. We have major meltdowns many days when I explain that we don't wear pajamas to school or the store, etc.

NIKKI said...

LOVE it! It's HILARIOUS what two kids can do when left alone for only 5 minutes!
Mine take of their shoes, but that's really it. They do love their dress up clothes over their clothes though...I MUST say I do the same thing...I love being in my pjs!