Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas Morning

Hayes woke up first---at 6:50, which is just about noon around here. We tried to keep him in our bedroom as long as we could and by 7:15 we just could keep him contained no more. We went in to wake Caroline up and she could not believe that it was actually Christmas morning. She got up and she and Hayes dashed into the den. Thank goodness Santa brought me a new camera before Caroline got up as I was able to use it for Christmas morning!



The kids were delighted to see what all Santa brought. Caroline was thrilled at all of the dress up clothes---she tried on every single costume in a matter of about 10 minutes and I didn't capture all of them on camera. Hayes could not stop playing with the train table (which was a gift for both). I'll let the pics speak for themselves but we had a wonderful morning. Well, with the exception of one meltdown over a tool box (just keeping this blog real friends). Hayes already had one and Santa brought Caroline one. Hayes could not understand that she was the owner of a toolbox too and they had a meltdown over it. Once the toolbox disappeared for a while everything went back to normal.....happy times for everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE hearing that other children wake up at the crack of dawn!!!! It just blows my mind that some kids sleep past 6 am, ha. The dress up clothes are adorable

BRETT BOROUGHS said...

The camera takes excellent photos. You are going to love it.

Jen said...

I enjoy following your fun family! Thanks. Look forward to seeing you next week. -Jen

Leigh C. said...

Love the pictures. Hope to see you soon!

NIKKI said...

LOVE their Christmas PJs!!! Pics look great! What kind of new camera did you get?