Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Do They Know?

We leave in about 14 hours. Troy and I cannot wait. The kids know we are going to Disney World, but they don't really know. We have been talking about this trip for so long that I am sure Caroline wonders if it is even real. She has been before but she was not quiet two; Hayes has been as well, he was 10 months. Neither of them remember going but Troy and I do. We remember how excited the kids were after each ride. I can only imagine how much more fun it is going to be now that they are a little bit older. Do they know how much we love them and can't wait to spend time with them? Do they know how excited we get when they squeal with joy? I hope they know how much we love and enjoy them.....

I go into this trip with few expectations. I expect to spend quality time with my family. I expect us to laugh, have meltdowns, and make memories. I know it won't be perfect, but I am so excited about the time I will get with my little family. We are all about Disney, but we also know that this isn't the first time for our kids and it certainly won't be the last, so if we don't see everything, ride every ride, see every parade, it will be okay. What a blessing to get away for a few days with my three favorite people.
Troy & I will try to post while we are gone-
--we'll see how it goes with pictures and downloading. If we don't get to 'blog' while we are gone, we'll post tons of pics when we get back---for those that are interested of course....and this is my scrapbook, so I have to put them all on here!
I thought I would leave you with a few pictures from our LAST trip to Disney, which was in May 2007. My how the kids have changed.....
P.S. If you have noticed (which I am sure you haven't) I have not been blogging in the last few days....I have been packing. I am so excited to say that for the first time in my life-----WE ARE ALL PACKED AND READY TO GO!!!). I have Bible study tomorrow morning (which I did not want to miss---I am just a better mom and wife when I attend....yes, it's that good), Caroline has school, Troy is working for a half day, and I wanted to let our half day be normal. So I started packing days ago. While this was not fun, I did it! I am just way too excited that we are all packed up and only have to load our toothbrushes in the morning---wahoo!!! Pray for us that everything does go as planned....you know how things go when you plan things perfectly like this! But for now I need to sleep; it may not happen again for the next six nights!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have chill bumps, I am so excited for you guys!!!!! Russ and I too LOVE Disney, have been twice just us two but so look forward to the day we can watch our children's eyes light up at the magic that is Disney World! Here's to a safe and fun trip

Jeanelle said...

Have an AWESOME time!!!

Christie said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time, be safe~! We get to be there in 37 days :0)

NIKKI said...

Keep notes for me!!!!!!! :)