Friday, September 26, 2008

Reading To Rabbits


I was having breakfast with a friend the other day and we were talking about our kids and their imaginary friends. I expressed my concern that Caroline didn't really have any imaginary friends and that I figured she would at least have one or two by this age and I figured she would get one sooner or later. Well, sooner came yesterday.
I walked down the hall and she was sitting on the laundry basket with a couple of her stuffed animals that were attentively listening to her read a book. I asked her if she would like me to get her a chair so she would be more comfortable while reading to her friends and she quickly replied, 'Oh no, Mommy, if I get up my rabbits will get out!'. Rabbits.....what rabbits? So I asked her where the rabbits were and said, 'Well Mommy, they are right here in the basket listening to the story. I am reading to them and I don't want them to get out'. So I played along and she kept reading to her rabbits.

When I asked her about the rabbits today she informed me that they were gone but Santa was going to bring her a real rabbit.....so goes her imaginary rabbits and I guess I am going to have to have a talk with Santa as rabbits are not invited to this house anytime soon!

2 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

So cute! I wondered if JA was strange because she's the ONLY kid I know with imaginary friends. I hear about the all day everyday. Glad to know Caroline has joined the club!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I would love to come by this week and look at what you have left. I am looking for 24 months girl. Thanks again! Just let me know what is convenient for you this week, and I will need directions.