
Caroline had her first day of school a week later than anticipated. Her school is a Red Cross Shelter and they were housing several after Gustav passed through. She kept asking when she was going to start school since Hayes started in mid-August and she was THRILLED when she woke up and I told her that it was the special day. I thought the morning would go smoothly since she was so excited, but she didn't realize that we had to be out of the door by 7:30, not lounging around in our pajamas until it was time to go. Once I got the kids up and really moving, our day was off. Hats off to you moms that get your kids out the door every morning, and get yourself dressed---talk about SuperMoms!!! I had to listen to my hymns CD when we got in the car just so I could catch my breath---I looked like a disaster, but that was just fine---it was my day to clean the house! Caroline and Hayes finally were ready to load themselves (sort of) into the car when I remembered I needed to take pictures. I actually got a few really cute ones of both of them, which never happens. The carpool line was outrageous but it was great time for me to talk to Caroline about her new school and about what her day may be like. She seemed excited, but gave me the sad face (seen in one of the pictures) and said, 'Mom, can't I just go back home and play with you? I like playing with you'....okay, that melted my heart. Of all the battles we had had that morning and she still wanted to play with me....oh, so sweet.
She looked like such a big girl getting out of the car, arms loaded with all of her 'school' stuff and she headed into the building without ever looking back. I was a bit sad she didn't look back, but most proud of her for being a big girl.When I picked her up after school she told me that she had had a great day and was beaming! We came home to make cookies together while Hayes took a nap. As you can see, she loves helping me make cookies....and eating the batter :) These aren't Troy's favorite, but they were easy and quick and that is exactly what we needed since she needed a nap as soon as we were finished baking. My mom ALWAYS had cookies for me after our first day of school, yes until 12th grade I had cookies waiting for me, and I want to do the same for my kids....I just love that memory! When I told Caroline I would have cookies waiting she quickly said, 'No Mom, wait for me to make them!' So I waited and we had a great time.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


2 comments:
Very cute! I love all those cookie-making pictures.
Welcome back to blog world. I've missed you last week!
Love,
Carly
This is too precious. You have beautiful children, it's so hard to believe that they are growing up so quickly! I remember when Caroline was born! Now it's 4 years later, she's a big girl, and I'm getting ready to graduate college! Crazy!
Hope you are doing well and it was wonderful to hear from you!
Post a Comment