

About a month ago, my sweet husband and my neighbor's husband, bought Catherine (my neighbor) and me a monogram/embroidery machine. Catherine and I had been looking and talking about one for a while and they finally decided to trust us enough to get us one and we love it. I have a mess of a guest bedroom and have been working on getting it organized so I can have a sewing/activity room to work in. We have played musical beds in our house over the last couple of weeks giving Caroline the guest queen bed, Hayes the twin bed and leaving the guest room with no bed (now thinking this may be a huge mistake). But, I need a retreat room for days when they are at MMO. Here is why:
In all of my life, I have never really had a hobby. When I was younger, I can remember my mom saying that my hobby was making friends! I thought that was silly then, but she was right and didn't say it to discourage me, but to encourage me to develop friendships and I am thankful for that, but in all honesty, I have had no other hobbies...I was not skilled at any sport as I am the clumsiest person on Earth, I do NOT sing, play any instrument (though I gave it a shot in the 7th grade), I don't scrapbook though I have tried, so I honestly have no hobby. But, I have always wanted to sew. So, Troy and John went in together and got Catherine and I a great machine and Troy got me a sewing machine as well. How sweet are our husbands???? I had a sewing machine, but now I have one that can do so much more. It is still a starter machine, but I am so excited! I can do small things in sewing, but I am now maxed out with sewing classes this Fall....a jumper/jon-jon class, britches/bloomers, three-tiered skirt for Caroline class, etc...
I think I have six total and one of those consists of a class once a week for eight weeks. So that is really thirteen classes! So, if after all this I don't have a hobby, I am in trouble!
I am tired of sewing things and the inside looking like a disaster. I want to really know how to sew....'sew' here I go.
Here are a few pictures of our new things and my guest bedroom in progress. See my next post to see why it is taking so long to get the room in order! Pardon the mess you see in the bedroom!!!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008
What I've Been Up To
Posted by odomfamilyfun at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
wuhoo!! go us with our new monogram machine..and thanks to our sweet husbands! here's to our kids being all "monogramed up"
I love all these pictures! And am "sew" proud of you and your new hobby! I can't wait to see what you whip up.
Hey! Isn't that my USM cheese wheel that was at Grangran and Pop's?
Post a Comment