Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday (Late) Melissa











Melissa and I have been very best friends since the 9th & 10th grade. She moved from Brandon to Hattiesburg when she was going into the 10th grade and we met through our mutual friend, Carly. Even though I moved from Hattiesburg to Brandon (I know, strange) in the middle of 10th grade, we have stayed the best of friends. She and I went to USM together and when people would see one of us, the other one was usually not far behind. And thank goodness for mobile to mobile minutes as Melissa and I talk no less than about 5 times a day---it's a girl thing I guess. We talk about absolutly nothing, but we call eachother about every little thing. I know our husbands appreciate it since we aren't bugging them with the stupid stuff we talk about....we get it out of our system before they get home!
So, as we get older, we tend to do something for our birthdays, though never gifts or hugs for some strange reason; actually, we decided years ago that we would never do gifts, but give one big wedding gift when the other one got married. So that we did and we haven't really given gifts since...So, for her birthday we loaded up the crew and all went to Sal & Mookies. I know better than to humiliate her by telling the waiter it is her birthday, but we did celebrate with ice cream.

So, Happy Birthday Melissa. We had fun with you, Mack & Logan (and baby with no name!). You are by far the best friend anyone could ask for!!!

1 comments:

heatherclardy said...

Thank you so much for the "bow" info. I appreciate it. I can't wait to get all mine in the mail!