Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Soccer Girl














Caroline started soccer last week and we were so excited for her. Troy posted his account on his blog, so be sure to check it out there, too. We have been hyping soccer up for a while so we just knew she would be all fired up when Saturday arrived and it was the big game day. I didn't take into account however that all practices had been rained out, she had never met her coach and she didn't know anyone on her team.....thus, DISASTER was looming. We arrived and she wanted nothing to do with the game. Honestly I can't say that I blame her. We arrived and pretty much she was expected to jump into a game she knew nothing about. She watched from the side until half, Troy took her out and kicked the ball with her during the half and then the second part of the game, she played her heart out! I was and am always amazed at how great Troy is with her (both the kids actually). He worked with her so patiently and explained things to her with such excitement----he is such a good daddy and I love that she loves him so much!


I was so very proud of her and how quickly she warmed up. I was able to watch a little, but most of the time I was chasing Hayes around. I love that we will be spending our Saturday mornings as a family outdoors and in the company of grandmother's (and Popz when he comes to town) and friends....Caroline had a blast and we can't wait for her next game. She got in the car after the game and said, 'I loved soccer' and that made me glad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Caroline is wearing a bow and pink cleats. Very fun!

christy said...

yeah caroline!! conner just started soccer too and absolutely loves it!! they probably like it bc they can run crazy and kick something without getting in trouble!!

christy said...

btw, will this interfere with football games?