Monday, September 22, 2008

Good Times With Old Friends....











I pledged Tri Delta at USM in 1996 because of these friends: Melissa, Christy, Emily and Carly (not pictured), but stayed a Tri Delta because of the friends I met in my pledge class. We had a reunion of sorts this past weekend and had so much fun. It was great to see everyone again and see the paths life has taken everyone down. We knew almost every one's husband as most of us met our husbands in college and several of them were fraternity brothers while at USM. Troy kept picking on me about the reunion asking where his party cup and T-shirt was for the swap that we were going to. Well we did have T-shirts made, but no party cups and no, I didn't buy a shirt! We had a fun visit on Friday night at the Bottling Company in Hattiesburg and then a tour of the new house on campus. Caroline came with me and kept calling the tour a 'Girl Party' and I loved it. She was really cute and had so much fun though the pictures look like a different story. Hannah had her little girl there too so she was not the only little legacy walking around! It was fun to see a house on campus and it was so much nicer than Panhellenic though there is just something neat about all girls living in a dorm, though it is not as nice for sure! Most of the girls in my pledge class have at least one baby if not two or one on the way....a few are holding out and good for them...wait until the time is right! It was so great to see everyone and visit for a bit. I hope that we do this again soon---it had been way too long as life passes so quickly and time flies when you are out of school. College was such a great time of life for me and I met so many wonderful friends that I love to go back and check up on everyone every now and then.....good times!

The three roomies....Me, Dina, and Melissa.

Here I am with Bethany Boone McNease....check out her blog. I think I have known Bethany since I was born! We grew up at First Pres in Hattiesburg together and she is such a sweet friend!

This is a pic of Katie Hinkle, Caroline & me. Katie was my 'Little Sis'...my how time flies!

5 comments:

christy said...

looks like so much fun!! yes, the houses are soooo nice, but having everyone together in panhellenic was so much fun, minus the bats and spiders!! those new girls don't know how good they've got it!!

Shannon said...

HEY Britany Gore!
I was checking on Stephanie Weathers and read in her comments something about britany and just knew in my heart somehow that it was you! You have such a beautiful family! Where are ya'll living? I hope you remember me Shannon Riley!
Email me and let me know if you have any of your mom's cute kid's clothes still! Well, it great to see you all grown up and so HAPPY! You know I don't even remember how we met! Do you? Remember Lincoln Road Baptist Church and DAVE! ha!ha!lol! Hope to hear from you soon!
Shannon
p.s I love your Blog!
shannonherrod@bellsouth.net

Stephanie said...

love your blog and will look forward to keeping in touch this way! so good to see you this weekend.
love,
steph

Sara said...

Y'all's reunion looks like so much fun! Aren't the houses nice? I agree with you though, there's something special about having everyone together in panhellenic and the years and years of memories that happened there. I guess these girls are making their own new memories in the house.

NIKKI said...

Looks like alot of fun! Wish we could have made it to the game!