Thursday, September 04, 2008

It Really Is Her

Today Caroline, Emily & I had a girl's day out. We headed to Belk's and made a visit to Libby Lou. Caroline got a gift card for her birthday and I thought today would be a perfect day to use it since she has not started school and Hayes was in school until 1:45 today.

If you have never been to Libby Lou, it is so much fun! It is tailored a bit more to older girls, but Caroline loved it. She has no idea who Hannah Montana or the Jonas Brothers are, but they were plastered all over the store. She even picked out the Hannah Montana hair style, which was a very long wig. We even got to keep the wig. Perhaps you will see us out around town in it one day very soon :)

Caroline got to pick a few goodies for her new 'back pack' and then the make over started. The nice lady gave her a manicure (painted her nails) with pink polish and Caroline got to pick out the color and the glitter (both were HOT pink). She then got to pick out the eye shadow and she again picked out HOT PINK and her lip gloss....HOT PINK. Then it came time for her wig application and I knew it was going to be a disaster. She is not one to let me play with her hair and it is major drama for me to get a bow in it each morning (though I do win that battle daily) but she was all about the wig. Emily and I were cracking up at how still and serious Caroline was being for the helper. Caroline didn't move! She was perfect. She kept checking herself out in the mirror.


Once we were finished I almost didn't recognize my child. She was darling---or whatever. And, since I knew we were going to Libby Lou and she would get a trendy look, I tried to find a 'trendy outfit' for Caroline to wear. This was it. I came up with nothing! Poor girl has smocked or monogrammed everything and it is all 'sweet' looking, but I have decided that I like that for now and for a long time from now too...I want her to stay small! She was so nervous that her fingernails were not dry that she kept holding her hands out away from her body. It was actually really cute. She pranced around the mall with us as we hit a few stores. The wig lasted longer than Emily and I thought it would but it soon came off due to a meltdown when I wouldn't let her ride the train located in the center of the mall (I know, mean mommy, but come on...that is way too many treats for one day and I was not forking out cash for that train!).

We had a blast hanging out in Libby Lou with Caroline and she felt like such a big girl to hang out with mommy & Mrs. Emily. Oh, What Fun!!!

And even though she looked like a rock star, she is still my sweet little girl, wanting to ride the kiddie ride, but sadly we put in our seventy-five cents and it didn't work and she was crushed. Gotta love that sweet baby!

5 comments:

Kelly Kennedy said...

How cute is this child???? I love the way she is holding out her hands so that she doesn't mess up her nails! The wig is my fav thing ever! You go, Caroline!

Carly Winborne said...

This is cracking me up!!! I guess I'M the bad mommy - I won't even take Jordan Ann to this place. Love all the pink and especially the wig. Hilarious!!

NIKKI said...

Oh keep her in the smocked as long as we can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won't last forever. They need to be little girls for as long as we can keep them that way.
Ive never heard of Libby Lou..cute concept...kind of like Bippity Boppity Boutique :)

Amanda said...

A star is born! Although, I think she was already a diva in training! :)

Yes, that was "the" outfit. Bridgette's offered to fix it but the way they offered to "fix" it didn't please me at all so I got my $6 back...lol! My mother-in-law pulled all the thread out and her friend re-monogrammed it for me. MUCH better. Funny now but not funny at the time to the hormonal mommy! :)

BRETT BOROUGHS said...

Is that what she's doing in the photos? I thought she was posing like a doll. Shows you how much I know about having one's nails done.