Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My New Craft


For those of you who know me well, you know that there isn't a true crafty bone in my body. I wish there were, I really do and I really try to make there be one, but there just isn't. But these days I am taking matters into my own hands and I am making myself crafty. Though not crafty by nature, I am becoming crafty.

My most wonderful husband bought me a great sewing machine a couple of months ago and he has been quietly (though I am sure screaming on the inside) waiting for me to pull it out and really get to work on it like I promised him I would. I have been monogramming some and playing around, though not nearly enough (I guess my two little ones are around more than I thought they would be---imagine that! haha) and I love it...back to sewing....
So, tonight I decided I would make a little craft. I found these cups at Hobby Lobby. They are the perfect size for little hands. They are about the size of the Cock of the Walk cups and great for little ones learning to drink from cups rather than sippie cups. From looking at the pictures, the cup looks a lot bigger than it really is. It looks like a mug in the pictures but it isn't---it is actually pretty small.
I monogrammed the USM on a scrap of fabric. Then I traced the outline of the insert and sewed a basic hem around the outline. It isn't perfect, but it is a pretty good first real craft. I was so excited about it, I couldn't wait until morning to let the world know that I made a craft all by myself....without even calling one single friend (Catherine or Melissa).

Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure and for me to be proud though I know I am supposed to be humble....but please let me toot my own horn for this one second....I am never crafty and I know people all over do this kind of thing ALL THE TIME, but it is a HUGE deal for me...Tada!!!!!
*Please excuse the messy house and dirty ironing board in the background :)

3 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

This is adorable! I'm so proud of you. Way to become crafty!

The Idea Girl said...

Look at you! I'm lovin it! Soon, you'll be joining me at craft fairs. :)

NIKKI said...

AWESOME!!!