Monday, September 01, 2008

We Got to 'Go Gold' & Go on a Date---So Fun





On Saturday, Southern Miss had their first home game. Being the Eagle fans that we are, Troy and I loaded up, left the kids with our sweet babysitter, Kayla and headed to Hattiesburg for a fun day of tailgating and football, aka, a DATE! We will take the kids to a few games but will wait until is a bit cooler and until we can't find a babysitter. We have a fun group that we tailgate with and the food/fellowship was fun. Troy and I always have a great time wandering around campus, visiting the bookstore (but rarely ever buy anything since everything is overpriced according to Troy), and seeing what new building are popping up all over campus. The stadium addition was amazing and I was very impressed; I'll get a picture next time! One of my favorite parts of game day is the Eagle Walk. Where we tailgate is right at the head of the Eagle walk so we get to see everything as it gets going. It is going to be great when we do have the kids with us as they will have a blast seeing Seymour and the band (I LOVE watching the band) walk by before the game. Here is a picture of the band making the USM spell out about 15 minutes before the game started..and yes, the stands filled out.

We didn't end up staying until the end of the game since the sky fell out (see photo) and I was not up for getting wet. It was sweltering hot all day and hot and wet just don't mix for me. So I headed back to the tent and was going to just wait for Troy, but he came on and we headed back on to our house. We were home by 11 and got ready for a fun night of no sleep with our kids. But, the day with just us was worth it!

We had a fun, adult day and I loved getting adult time with Troy and our friends! This is a picture of my sweet friend Emily. She & her husband Kevin have seats directly behind us so we get to chat through the entire games. I am sure Kevin and Troy love hearing us talk!

0 comments: