Thursday, October 02, 2008

Fallin' for Hayes..so to speak













I often feel like my posts are geared more towards Caroline when really I feel like I am running after Hayes more! Caroline is just let's say, involved in more things right now that are photo worthy or at least I feel obligated to take pictures to document the events that she is participating in (and I know I will cherish every picture later if I would ever print them out..hahha). Well today I am devoting a post to my sweet Hayes. I have always been in love with this sweet little guy, but I just love these pictures---I'm fallin' in love all over again, every day!

Well, the other day Hayes was not involved in any particular activity other than spending some much needed time with his Mommy. Caroline was sound asleep and like usual, Hayes was wide awake. The weather was wonderful so we went out to the front yard and had a ball. Hayes has the best vocabulary (seriously, he really can talk really well for a 2 year old and I know what you are thinking---I am his mom, certainly I am going to say that, but oh no, he really does!) If you have met him you know I am not lying....if you are just a blog stalker, stop me in Wal-mart when you see these monkeys hanging from the buggy and listen to him talk....it is a hoot! So as we were chatting it up outside he moved the pumpkins all around the yard and started to look for bugs in the grass. Thank goodness he didn't find any as Troy didn't come home until later and this mommy doesn't do bugs.

Hayes is a tender hearted child that often acts like a bull in a china cabinet. He will love on you in a second and in the next he is off and running. He gives the best hugs and says 'I love you' with or without prompting (I love it when he does it with no prompting). He can be too rough sometimes and we are totally working on that and as to not get myself all worked up I have to remember that he is two and he is a boy. He will grow out of most of this stuff...whew! But I am a mom and I worry---that is just life and he is my sweet baby! I love this precious child.
So as we are in the wonderful month of October, I leave you with the BEGINNING of our Fall pictures (and outfits as I love FALL kids clothes...I know, I have a problem!!!)
On a side note: When we found out we were having a boy, I didn't know what I thought he would look like. I had something in my head, but it wasn't Hayes. However, now that Hayes is here, I can picture nothing else. He has the sweetest eyes, the most wonderful red hair and the most perfect lips on a sweet boy....oh I could just eat him up ;) Calling other Moms: Did your kids turn out like you thought they would? First children or siblings? Such a neat thing how siblings can look exactly alike or look nothing alike at all....just curious. I love my little Haysie Bud! Enjoy the pictures...all eight of them!

10 comments:

Nikki said...

It is wild how our babies turn out to look! Logan looks just like his Daddy; howevermy Mom brought a picture of me in a wedding when I was little & it looks JUST like Logan! Wild! I would have never dreamed in a million years that we would have a red-head though! Precious! Those pics are adorable!

Samantha said...

Oh goodness! He is precious. Both of your children are!

We knew all about your clothes addiction before Caroline was born - Haha! Do you remember shopping at all of the online outlets? You would stop by Annual Staff and tell us all about her new stuff. Full boutique of a closet before she was even born! I can only imagine it to be the same with Hayes!

I hope maybe we can run into each other at the next game... coming this weekend!?

Melissa Lester said...

Hayes is such a cutie, and I can tell from his photos he is Personality Plus! That madras plaid looks precious on him, and it's adorable with those fall pumpkins.

I just realized that you left a comment recently about the lined travel mugs. I did get my mugs from Oriental Trading, and they have worked well. They do need to be hand washed, but I don't know if other choices available would be dishwasher-safe. I just ordered more from OT, but the lids on these look a little different from the ones in my picture. OT has such good prices, I generally think they are worth a try.

For kids, I have also used Playtex design-your-own sippy cups I found at Target. Those have held up well, and I just remove the liner before putting the cups in the dishwasher. And I'm making larger sport bottles from Oriental Trading for my boys.

NIKKI said...

He is SOOO adorable! Girl I am right in line with you with the clothes addiction! LOVE my fall clothes!!!

Nope never in a million years did I think each of us would have a mini me!

Unknown said...

It is SO funny how kids turn out! When Aiden was born everyone said he looked just like his daddy, but slowly he morphed into a mini-me of ME! Then, when the girls were born they looked just like me and Aiden! They definitely act like their Dad at times and have mannerisms like him at times, but overall look way more like me for now. Of course I love it because I worked so hard baking those kiddos that it feels like a good payoff! And I luckily had my kids in the perfect order that I wanted! I wanted a boy first and then a girl, and I've ALWAYS said I wanted twins so God is awesome to give me the desires of my heart. He loves us, yes, indeed!

Carly Winborne said...

Yes, my first child was exactly what I had envisioned. My second, not so much. When Jack was first born, I remembered how JA was with her perfect nose and rosebud mouth. Jack had a crooked nose and gargantuan ears. I seriously thought there had been a mistake. He has since grown into his nose and now that his hair is longer, you don't notice his "boy ears". Personally, I think he's adorable now and look at him and wonder how in the world I could have thought there was a mistake. So funny that you don't know that you have expectations until you see it.

Love these fall pictures. I love that outfit, too! What a fun day outside. I'm so proud of you for having your pumpkins already. I'm behind. :)

BRETT BOROUGHS said...

I never would have imagined in my wildest dreams that Troy would have kids that look like both Caroline and Hayes. I always thought they would have dark hair like us. From what I remember, Troy did have the curls like Hayes, they just weren't red.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so it was awesome to meet you in person and no longer stalk your family in the blog world! Both Caroline and Hayes have amazing vocabularies for their age!!!! And, I don't think there is any way to predict what your child will look like, even with 9 months of imagining and "mother's instinct." We did not find out if we were having a boy or a girl, and I was convinced we were having a boy. Imagine the surprise when they pull out Pepper with clothing addictions like ours. See ya soon!

jennifergordon said...

Just think of the outfits you will be able to make! I have added your blog to my visit site. See you on Tuesday. Jennifer

Robin, Tommy, and Manze said...

I couldn't wait to meet Manze and see what she would look like! I envisioned her with lots of dark hair (like she has) but I always though she would have really curly hair (like Tommy and I). I never thought she would have such blue eyes! It's amazing to see how they turn out after waiting so long and it was worth the wait! :o)