Okay, after numerous phone calls and several comments I figured I better answer the question about the beaver costume. We got the costume from my cousin, Loren Rae. She surprised us and sent them to us in the mail. She sent the beaver for Hayes and the elephant for Caroline. However, you see how things have worked out. I believe she got them from T.J. Maxx in Atlanta or Macon (maybe) but she mailed them to us and the kids were thrilled!
I will say that you never know what the kids will dress up in around here though (even when it isn't Halloween). We love playing dress up and I encourage it as often as I can.
So I plan on hitting Target on Saturday morning first thing (sorry, Troy) and buying all the half price costumes that I can....Hayes and Caroline love dress up and Hayes needs to be something other than a Guatemalan girl or a princess and now is my chance to get him a fireman or a police costume while I can!



On a side note I will say, dear readers, that I am somehow shocked at how many of you questioned where we got the beaver costume and why on earth we had it.....WE ARE THE ODOM FAMILY---NOTHING should surprise you! Come-on! You know we have two hilarious kids that are constantly keeping us in stitches (thankfully not real ones yet) so I am laughing at all of you for being surprised we had this little get up! You just never know what we'll pull out next year (okay Loren, pressure is on to come through for us better than the beaver!).

3 comments:
I LOVE the costume..it's just not one you see every day! :) And yes you all are HILARIOUS and that's why we love seeing pics of your day!!!!
Those costumes are so cute! I too haven't seen a beaver costume before, but it is adorable. My kids love dressing up too. There have been several times the girls have gone with me to pick up the boys from school in full princess costume, but I figure that we are interrupting their day, so why not?
You mentioned the Desert Rose pattern, and mine was also passed down to me from my grandmother. She had a lot of it, so I have a nice collection now. I enjoy feeling the connection with her through her china, as well as the memories of holiday dinners those dishes evoke. Thanks for commenting today!
I love the costumes!!! Great idea about getting dress up clothes after halloween.
Post a Comment