Thursday, October 09, 2008

Stealing Thunder or Jack O' Lantern Jumble


My friend Kelly makes the most WONDERFUL Fall treat and I have been dying for her to share the recipe on the blog but I don't think she is going to---so I will (hope you don't care, Kelly). It is so yummy and it is great to take places or drop off to your neighbors. It makes your house smell like Fall and it is really easy.....


1/4 c. creamy peanut butter

1/4 c. butter

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or salt

2 1/4 teaspoons Worchesterhire sauce
4 cups Rice Chex cereal
4 cups Wheat Chex cereal
3/4 cups cocktail peanuts
1 c. candy corn---but I add more because I like a bite of candy corn in each handful
Preheat oven to 250. Melt peanut butter with butter in roasting pan in oven until shiny and soft. Remove. Stir in salt, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Add cereal and nuts. Mix until all pieces are coated. Bake 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Stir in candy. Spread on paper towels to cool.


Eat as much as you can before you decide to share because once you share you won't have any left :) Everyone will be beating down your door to get their hands on this yummy stuff.


0 comments: