Saturday, November 01, 2008

Hayes the Helper







We have loved the weather this past week and with colder weather comes soup around our house. Hayes was awake while Caroline was still napping so I used our one on one time to let him help cook. When Caroline is up he doesn't get much room in the kitchen so he really enjoyed himself this day. He took a liking to these carrots and didn't put them down until bed-time (more on that later). We cooked chicken noodle soup that I totally made up and it was delightfully good. The three of us ate it (I love it when everyone eats what I cook as it doesn't always happen...well, the eating part and the cooking part!) and headed to meet Troy at his mom's new house. They had a picnic with soup and we all enjoyed the cool night.
Hayes, still holding the carrots while we were at Gamma's house played dinosaurs and pretended to feed the dinosaurs. He bathed with the carrots and tried to put them to bed in his bed. Troy finally convinced him to put them on the hay bale out on the front porch for the rabbits to eat during the night. Wouldn't you know it but it worked! He was thrilled to feed the rabbits and he went outside in the freezing cold to strategically place those carrots for the rabbits. I was too cold to snap a picture but it was so sweet. He is a wild little man but has the sweetest most tender heart (just like his daddy I might add). When he woke up the next morning the first thing he wanted to do was check to see if the rabbits had eaten his carrots....I had to quickly call the rabbits while Hayes and Caroline caught a bit of Dora and the rabbits at the carrots up in about 10 seconds (that is about how long the distraction worked before they realized that I was outside checking on the bunnies).
We still look for bunnies in the yard (no friends, we have no real bunnies but please do not tell the kids as it is our fun adventure every day) and if you see them, please let us know!

1 comments:

NIKKI said...

Oh I have a bunny Brian would LOVE to bring to you for you to have a pet!!! Cage and all.you say the word and my friend he's yours!!!!