Sunday, November 16, 2008

Too Fast


I took this picture of Caroline the other day when she got home from pre-school. It isn't the greatest quality of picture, but it simply reminds me that she is growing up way too fast. I stand and look at her and am in awe that she is this child the Lord has placed in our care and we have had her for three and a half years....where have those years gone? Does that make anyone else sad that their kids are growing up way too fast? It sure does make me sad. I am excited for her and for her future, but I want to keep her small and around the house for forever (well, not forever, but for now forever). I think of the times I may get frustrated or speak too quickly and I have been so convicted to seek forgiveness from her as soon as I realize that. I will write about a book I am reading that has been very helpful to me and my attitude on child-rearing and the purpose that God has set forth. So as I look at this little sweet face starting at me, I wonder, am I doing the best I can, not just the best I can but the best I can in the Lord? More on this tomorrow.....my heart is heavy on this.....both children actually, I just had a really grown up picture of Caroline, so she is the one that gets the main bulk of the post.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, YES, YES they grow up way too fast!!!!!!

NIKKI said...

It makes me very sad that they are growing way to fast. Where does the time go?? It's not fair..the first year with twins is a BLUR!!!!!!!!!