Friday, February 27, 2009

Beating the Rain

This morning the kids and I had about 5 errands to run. I typically dread getting out with both kids and having to go places that require A+ behavior but I knew we had to get our errands out of the way this morning. I have been monogramming like a mad woman so I got up with Troy this morning to get a jump start on things. Once he left and got to work he must have checked the weather. He called around 7 and let me know that I better get out early with the kids since it would be TERRIBLE weather by around 1. Fine by me. We got dressed and bolted out the door. We did all of our errands and they were perfectly well behaved (okay, so as perfectly well behaved as a 2 & 3 year old pair goes) so we headed to the park. I figured I would wear them out in hopes of a GREAT NAP when we got home. We got to the park around 10:45 and I let them play until about 12. I kept looking for this awful storm Troy was warning me about and started to think that he had to have been joking...he just really needed me to get on the move as to get all of our running around accomplished. (FYI, it was predicted to storm but the bad weather hit just North of us)

It did sprinkle a time or two but nothing bad. The kids had a ball at the park and were all about climbing on everything. I didn't have my camera but thank goodness for camera phones. I was able to catch a few pics of our fun day.
Note: The GREAT NAP trick didn't happen. We got home around 1:15 and the kids slept until about 3. They crashed tonight though so I can't complain.
*This park is located in the Crossgates area of Brandon. It is directly behind the Brandon Public Library. There are great trails behind the park and the kids love it. I also love it since there isn't any sand to get everywhere!

2 comments:

Jen said...

OK...what park is this? It looks like a lot of fun as well as clean and safe with the soft mats. Sign me up for that one! Really, please fill me in.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Love their outfits!!! And your blog!!
angela