After a really long week with the flu (last week) it was so nice to feel normal and up to playing with the kids, rather watch Troy play with the kids. They love to chase him, have him chase them and play rowdy---mommy doesn't play rowdy much so they have to wait for Troy to get home for that. We had NOTHING going on tonight which was really nice. The kids played perfectly well together and I could not have been more pleased. They typically play really well together for about 3 minutes, then it all seems to unravel somehow. I guess with a 2 & 3 year old in one house it is just going to happen.
Tonight was really great though. Troy pulled out his guitar and played while the kids made pallets & tents on the floor & they went on to dance for us. I enjoyed listening to the kids play together while Troy played & sang. Pre-dinner was perfect.Dinner on the other hand, not so great. Hayes refused to eat anything and had to sit at the table forever until he finally realized that we weren't giving in. Once he actually started eating he finished his entire dinner. Caroline didn't want to eat either but she has figured out that we aren't kidding. She ate and was able to get up and go play.
With each day the kids are learning and growing---so am I. I am also starting to slow down and appreciate the moments like our pre-dinner time as they truly don't happen often around here. I have high hopes that these moments will creep their way into our house as the kids get older. I didn't mind being still to enjoy the time. Yes, our house still has Valentine's decorations, laundry is EVERYWHERE, and the house is a mess, but I wouldn't trade any of it. There will be tomorrow to clean, the mess isn't going anywhere, but tonight I just enjoyed my family...it was good..jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

3 comments:
Is that a creepy ghost crawling out from under the dining room furniture?
I guess all of us Mom's struggle with this stopping and just enjoying the moments, we are only human, right?!
very good to hear. isn't peaceful fun so nourishing to a mommy's soul? i'm happy for you and wishing more moments just like this for you!!
Post a Comment