Monday, March 02, 2009

Friday Night at Bass Pro

After a long fun day on Friday, Troy & I had no weekend plans for the kids. We decided it would be fun to hit Bass Pro Shop and just let the kids explore. I am forever nervous about our outings but the kids took great naps and were ready to go. They loved this little outing. They checked out the fish and thought it was so neat to see such a big aquarium in the middle of the store. After fish viewing we headed upstairs & let the kids loose in the camping department. They loved checking out each tent, lying down in each one and cackling at the people eating in the restaurant. Once we realized what they were doing we quickly whisked them away as not to be totally mortified.
I have a love/hate relationship with the pictures of the kids in the 'car'. While they had a blast playing on this piece of machinery, I took the pictures, got home and realized that one day they will be driving! Yes, many years down the road BUT the last 4 years have FLOWN by and I just can't imagine how fast the next years will fly. That said, it scares me to death that they will be driving together one day...whew...I am going to enjoy the Barbie car Caroline has for now! However, I was so proud when she got in her 'car' and instantly reached for her seat belt...that's my good girl!

They were entertained for a long time at the shooting range & playing arcade games (I say playing lightly as we certainly did not put money in these machines). They had a blast and came home totally worn out! We had a great time on our free Friday night outing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I bet Sims would love to do that?!

Anonymous said...

That is a fun, free Friday night outing!!!! Russ and I are not outdoorsy people, so the only time we have ever been in there was wasting some time before a movie date. We had just as much fun as Caroline and Hayes, ha!!!!

NIKKI said...

What a fun fri night!!!