Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day at the Zoo

Since we have been stuck indoors for the last two weeks due to sick kids and rainy weather, I decided to load the kids up and head to the zoo. We frequent the zoo and are typically one of about 6 families that are there. Boy, we picked the wrong week to go this time! It was packed. Spring Break is this week and yesterday was the first really nice day and everyone was at the zoo! We waited 40 minutes to get in and I was tired by the time we started walking around. The kids had a great time and that is all that matters. You can see from the pictures that Caroline & Hayes love to heckle the animals meaning they shout the animal noise that the particular animal makes (not in a mean way though that is what it looks like!). Totally okay if we are the only ones there, totally embarrassing if there is a crowd. Oh well :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have thought about the zoo this week too but just haven't made it up there yet, didn't even think about it being Spring Break and busy though

Jason, Cathy, Claire, Grey, and Nate said...

We went to the zoo today and it was packed too!! It was nuts!!

Unknown said...

We became "Zoo Friends" this weekend and I'm PUMPED! Maybe we shall see you there sometime soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I passed on a Kreativ Blogger award to you on our blog