Troy & I made grand plans months ago to take the kids to New Orleans for the weekend of Easter so Troy could run in the Crescent City Classic & we could make a fun weekend out of it for everyone. Those were the plans....then we all got sick. Troy, being such a great bargain shopper, found a GREAT hotel deal at the La Pavilion on Poydras Street and we could not pass it up. I started feeling pretty bad around Monday and it was pretty awful by Wednesday. I went to the doctor & it was a sinus infection---so they thought. By Friday, it was full blown Flu (I am convinced). Troy has blogged about our adventure in great detail & if you want a laugh, click on over to his blog---I am still sick & extremely tired, so I'll just post a few pictures. Needless to say, we hit fine dining with fussy kids while in New Orleans---Popeye's, Burger King, & Wendy's...yummy, huh??? You know it's bad when you can't even dine in New Orleans! That said, we gave up our prepaid hotel room a night early and headed home---we could handle no more! Friday night at home was glorious---we actually slept. Saturday night was even better.....we are still sick & Caroline is the only one that is truly feeling better, but we are all on the way up & have been fever free for over 24 hours!!!!
One of the things I learned being a yearbook advisor at Brandon High School was that you have to make memories through the hard times...thus our saying one year, 'Makin' Memories, Havin' Fun' well, we made memories, but I would not say they were fun. I am sure we will look back on this and laugh, just not today...or tomorrow...and maybe not next week, but one day I feel sure! The kids did have a few fun moments and for that, we feel the trip was worth it, but we may wait a few years before Odom Family Fun ventures out just us 4 again! We will forever welcome Gamma, Nana, & Popz (& Brett & Jimmy since they don't have any kids of their own they can take ours off our hands for a bit!) to go with us from now on!!!
This was definitely NOT ODOM FAMILY FUN!! ;)


Sunday, March 23, 2008
A Trip We Should Have Skipped...
Posted by odomfamilyfun at 4:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can not believe you were at the zoo Friday. We were also there with ALL of New Orleans. We didn't get there until 11:30 and we were there until 4:30..you were probably long gone by then!! :( Wish we could of met up! Didn't sound like you had a wonderful time while here though :)
sorry to hear about the sickness. you could have called me and i would've come and picked up your kids and entertained them so you could get some sleep. maybe next time you come down here we'll get together. hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment