Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Day

Easter day we woke up a bit later than usual (7:30, okay, about 2 hours later than usual) and were thankful for the rest the night brought. We were all feeling okay so we headed to early church and then stayed for the brunch our church does in between both services on Easter. We had a great time and the kids were well behaved! We were all pretty exhausted after church (& after trying to get a decent family photo), so we skipped Easter lunch in Canton & sent Caroline on with Gamma to Canton for the day. Troy, Hayes & I slept most of the day which was really nice and very much needed!

When Caroline came home, the Easter Bunny had come...Peter Rabbit as Caroline calls him! They had a great time playing with their new toys from Peter & quickly recovered after the initial fight over their gardening shovels. It was a beautiful day here, a bit cold, but very beautiful. We are so thankful for the reason we celebrate Easter---the RISEN Lord!!!!

4 comments:

Jodi, Steven, Kanon & Mari Blake said...

Sweet! Yall all look so beautiful and handsome!! Amy's number is 829-3487.. she is wonderful. tell your friend to tell her she got her name from my blog and I will get a free 8x10 :0) thanks!!

Justin and Lisa Rhodes said...

Gotta love lazy Sunday afternoons!
I am glad ya'll had a great Easter - and are feeling better!
Lisa

Laura said...

Glad y'all are all feeling better. Gotta congratulate you on how you manage to still keep your blog updated (and take all the really cute pictures too!!) despite the illness, tantrums, etc. I'm struggling without the illnesses and with only ONE toddler! Happy Easter, by the way. My parents said they missed y'all at the family gathering in Tennessee.

NIKKI said...

Looks like a fun day.
I almost bought that same dress for the girls! :)