
My friend, Kelly & her little girl Katherine, hosted an Easter party for several kids & as always, we had a great time----well, it started off great! Kelly had made two of the CUTEST bunny cakes (one boy & one girl) out of cupcakes & I am sure they were a big hit with the kids. Mine did not partake and I'll explain why later.
The kids played & then we headed outside for an Easter Egg Hunt. Caroline has figured out that most eggs have treats inside if you open them. Well, greedy girl would shake each egg & if it didn't make noise, she would throw it down! (how embarrassing!!!).
Hayes picked up on this and he started to open each egg and check for the treat. He then saw Caroline's basket with the opened treats & started taking them out of her basket...well you can imagine where this lead! It was a spiraling out of control nightmare! I didn't feel well (& am now FULL BLOWN SICK) and my level of patients was at zero and they are about to kill each other. Well, Caroline started throwing eggs at Hayes & would not stop (again, how embarrassing!). I told her that if she did it one more time we would have to miss cupcakes and treats and go home. This usually shapes up behavior, but not today. She looked me dead on and threw an egg right at his head. So, in serious parenting mode, I (completely humiliated at this point) loaded up the kids in the bus (that is what we call our huge car) and we headed home. 
Hayes picked up on this and he started to open each egg and check for the treat. He then saw Caroline's basket with the opened treats & started taking them out of her basket...well you can imagine where this lead! It was a spiraling out of control nightmare! I didn't feel well (& am now FULL BLOWN SICK) and my level of patients was at zero and they are about to kill each other. Well, Caroline started throwing eggs at Hayes & would not stop (again, how embarrassing!). I told her that if she did it one more time we would have to miss cupcakes and treats and go home. This usually shapes up behavior, but not today. She looked me dead on and threw an egg right at his head. So, in serious parenting mode, I (completely humiliated at this point) loaded up the kids in the bus (that is what we call our huge car) and we headed home. 
We did last long enough for the group shot which is so funny to watch and this is the best of the best that I was able to take.



1 comments:
when i read this i was laughing out loud. i know it wasn't funny to you, but it's just nice to know someone else has these experiences with their kids. looks like a really fun party and i love the bunny cakes!!
Post a Comment