Sunday, March 02, 2008

Caroline's First Ballet

Today Caroline & I spent the afternoon together at the Mississippi Metropolitan Ballet's Cinderella at Thalia Mara Hall. I have been talking up the ballet to Caroline in hopes of getting her excited enough to want to sit still for over 2 hours and boy, did she ever surprise me! She LOVED every second of the ballet. We were on row H on the lower floor & I didn't realize how close we actually were going to be. It was incredible. She loves Cinderella, so to see her dancing on a stage was so exciting for her. It was great for me to be able to just hold her and her stay still and totally involved in the ballet. She did sit in her own seat for the third act, but she liked sitting up on my lap---I think she had a better view. She asked lots of questions during the show, but it was fine because she whispered every single time. She was more perfectly behaved than I could have ever imagined. Once I put her in her car seat, she was able to stay awake for about 20 seconds. By the time I had gotten in the front seat, put my seat belt on, started the car & turned around to see if I could pull out of the parking spot, she was soundly sleeping. She slept the entire ride home!
We had the best day together & I can't wait to start taking her to plays and other ballets that come to town. She was such a sweet little girl and her development surprises me daily---today I was blown away!







2 comments:

NIKKI said...

That is sooo awesome!!!! You will have to let me know when there is another ballet up there...especially involving princesses! We would make the trip up!!!
Looks like an wonderful mommmy daughter memory!

Robin, Tommy, and Manze said...

How fun! I hope Manze loves it just as much when her time comes!