Friday, March 28, 2008

Bring The Rain

*I usually write about what is going on with our kids/our days, but I have had a heavy heart and thought I would share a blog I have been reading over the last weeks. This has nothing to do with my family directly...just me & I wanted to share----

If you ever look to the side of our blog & notice the links I have listed, one of them is Bring The Rain & it is a tremendous site.
I initially found this site from my friend, Robin's site and I have been completely moved by this blog (*Note: I do not know the writer, I just stumbled upon it from a friend, but you know how you get obsessed with other people's blogs---come on, you know you do!). This blog has shaken me to the core & has made me so thankful for my children and my husband, but most importantly, thankful for the God I serve. He works in so many ways & often times we don't quite understand why He is doing things, but He is ALWAYS in complete control. I see this mother, Angie, going through something I could not fathom and she is still able to give thanks & prise to the Almighty One---how amazing. Don't read her blog if you aren't up for a cry or if you aren't willing to let God touch you; her words are amazing and she is truly a living testimony to our Living God! She has inspired me to do so many things differently or at least try to and to realize that each day with my family is truly a gift---my kids are not really mine, they are the Lord's children, on loan to Troy & me for a while. She is walking down a long road, longer than any road I would ever want to go down and she is honest and bold in her writings---please pray for this family as they are on a very difficult journey. (turn your music up when you visit her blog, she has such a great playlist!)

2 comments:

Rocky Mountain Fighting Tigers said...

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this post. I read the whole blog last night. She is an amazing person with strenght unspeakable given to her by our God. I am too so thankful for the God I serve.

NIKKI said...

Thanks from me too! I have had to read it over a couple of days bc it was too much for me to take in at once.
I can't even begin to understand what this family is going through! Definitely makes me very thankful for everything I have in my life.