***FYI (because several of you have asked) all you need for this EXCELLENT workout is the actual DVD (I bought mine in the exercise dept at Target and weights. The weight pound you use is totally up to you. I am using 2lb because I am a wimp, but I'll move up in a week or so (only to 4 lbs, progress people, progress). I do mine in our den & we have carpet so I don't use a mat. If you are on hardwood or concrete, you would enjoy a yoga mat.***
Okay, catch your breath, I know you are laughing. So yesterday I mentioned that I was doing "The Shred" and I am serious about this. Today was day 2 and I love it....still a love/hate relationship, but mostly love. My friend, Kelly, talked me into getting this DVD and I was a bit sceptical when she told me about it. I am not in it for the 'Lose 20 lbs in 30 Days', though that would be nice, it's just not realistic (as I type I am eating a chocolate chip cookie--keeping it real, friends). It is a great way to get moving though.
After talking Troy's head off about how fun & doable it was, I begged him to try it with me today. All day he has been bugging me by calling it 'child's play' and I knew he could do it no problem (since he runs at least 3 miles a day during his lunch break), but I still wanted him to try. Let's just say he was drenched in sweat and catching his breath just like I was. I loved it! It really is a great workout. I am truly starting as a beginner and using 2lb weights in each hand (I bought these at Target for about $3 each). I'll keep you all posted as I go through this 30 day trial...I am really committing to 30 days; it's just 20 minutes each day and I can do that, right? Samantha started doing this on the same day I did and I can't quit & let her go on her own don't you love an accountability partner?
Let's Get Shredding!
Since I know most of you read to see what our sweet kids are up to, here are a couple of pics just for you...
.jpg)
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Until You Try It.....
Posted by odomfamilyfun at 8:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I had never heard of this but you are the second person I know that is doing it. Cannot wait to see how it goes, as might be a good way to "shred" the baby weight later this summer.
I have the DVD but have yet to pop it in the player in dread of the soreness and collapsed lung I know is coming with it!!
I was going to do the Shred it class next week at the gym.... I will have to be shreding it with you.
So where did you buy the video?
Everyone I know is talking about this! Keep us posted of how it goes. What all do you need other than weights and the DVD? Can you get the DVD at Target too?
Let me know how it works! I may need to try it too.
Leigh C.
A guy I work with was telling me about this DVD last week. I really think I want to get it, so I can do it on the days I don't have time for anything more. Good luck!
Post a Comment