I love to plant flowers in pots. In our first house I would spend hours on the front porch planting, planting, planting. Caroline would sit in the bumbo seat and watch me plant. The first year we were married and it was pansy planting time, I went nuts. Then when spring arrived, our entire front porch was covered with every kind of pot and flower that could go in a pot you could imagine. I honestly thought I had found my calling.
Well, we moved and I haven't planted since. I got my green thumb going again since Caroline is so interested in watching seeds grow into plants; we are in business. I bought zinnias for her to plant in a large pot, then we will transfer them to a bed somewhere, but for now a pot is a great way for her to start. She hops up and wants to check on her flowers. Today we had our first little sprouts and she was beaming ear to ear. They are tiny and I am not sure you can even see anything in the pictures, but she knows they are there and she counts each time we leave as to compare to any new ones that may have come up since we had been gone. Today my Gardener was dressed up as if going to a ball. She wanted to check on her plant with her ball gown on. After checking on the plant, she, Hayes & I played outside on bikes, 'helicopter' and she did a little dancing in the street. As you can see, Hayes was not as interested in our project. He would 'fly' down the driveway on the 'helicopter' and didn't want to be disturbed!We really had a fun day and I'll post more pics later of the garden experiment.





**This is a picture of what we are hoping for---we'll see how ours compare**

0 comments:
Post a Comment