Troy and I have two children that live in our house and sometimes I am not exactly sure they know how much we adore sleep. Hayes, our early bird has woken up nightly for his entire life, as has Caroline. That said, I can pretty much deal with the night wakings if they'll sleep in for me in the mornings. Sadly, that never happens, UNTIL TODAY! Troy left for work before 7 a.m. though I'm not sure what time it was because I was still in the bed. WAIT, I was still in the bed when he left??? Where were our children, are they breathing, had they been taken away from our house during the night? Um no, they both decided to sleep on in this morning until about 8. Some of you may be thinking that I am complaining about night wakings, just know that I'm not, I would just rather them sleep late if they are going to keep us up all night. Anyway, I was able to shower, get dressed, get the den straight, dished loaded/unloaded and laundry all before they woke up----THIS NEVER HAPPENS AT MY HOUSE.
Caroline had a dental appointment this morning & she was the perfect patitent & Hayes waited patiently for her while playing with the office trains. After I chatted with Dr. Cook---need a pediatric dentist in Brandon, he is WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL! Love his office, staff & he is great with the kids!
Anyway, after leaving the dentist, I took the kids to the Brandon Park behind the library & tennis courts. They have a shaded playground & trails that the kids love to walk on. We played for about an hour and a half & headed home.
Troy met us here for lunch, we ate outside, kids played in the sprinkler while I mowed the grass. As soon as most of the grass was complete, we pulled out the Slip-N-Slide. What a great invention. We love it. The kids had a blast and must have totally worn themselves out as they both CRASHED after bathtime....which gave me time to finish mowing, cleaning, and to do THE SHRED.....Oh yes, you read that right. If you don't know what that is, I'll save it for another post. If you do know & are doing it, let me know---I LOVE IT (well, in a love/hate kind of way).



4 comments:
What a heavenly day!!!!!
You have me really wondering - what is "The Shread"?? Post that blog or email me at mollymobo@gmail.com. I've been following your blog - love reading those. Take care! This is Wanda from swimming lessons.
I hope you don't see three comments from me - this is Wanda from swimming lessons. What is "The Shread"? You really have me wondering! Great blog!
AMAZING DAY!!!!
Post a Comment