Thursday, May 14, 2009

There Really Are No Words for This....


**Before I begin, please know that I know this: I am the QUEEN of SPELLING ERRORS**
However here is the latest in my life:

We have been going non-stop over the last couple of weeks & I totally dropped the ball on this one. Oh no, not her birthday---that is all set & we are so excited! I asked her teacher at school if I could bring birthday treats since school will be 'out' the week of her birthday. Certainly she could and I had big plans. I was going to do the cute butterfly cupcakes and once I got home from STL, things just went South. I then decided that I would take her to Kroger with me and she could pick out her own cake (within reason). I was voting for the cute monkey cupcakes, watermelon cupcakes, rainbow cupcakes----not happening! She eyes on the top shelf a box with balloons. Yes, friends, this is what my child had a fit over! She HAD TO HAVE THIS CAKE! She was very polite about and very set on what she wanted. It was $18.99, and I found that a bit much, but with two screaming kids and a mama that is ready to run far, far, away I say yes. I asked her to put Caroline's name on it. All I did was have her spell Caroline as I completely assumed she could spell Happy and Birthday.
Sweet girl that decorated the cake walks up, all excited and asks, 'Do you love the cake?' While my immediate response normally would have been 'Are you crazy? This is by far the funniest cake I have ever seen....balloons that look like blobs, handwriting that could have been done by me in the 4th grade, and yes, I could go on ***NOTE...none of that was ever said to anyone but myself IN MY OWN HEAD!' I did reply to her that the cake is exactly what Caroline wanted but just wanted to let you know 'Birthday" was misspelled. I really tried to do this with grace as not to embarrass her....she got that later.
Did I leave with a cake that says 'Happy Brithday Caroline'? You bet I did. I didn't have time for them to decorate another balloon cake (need I remind ANYONE that I have Hayes & Caroline with me during all this & I thought they were on the way to sending me over the edge)
So I got to the check out and kindly asked if I could have just a small discount since Birthday was misspelled.....here is where I want to run out of the store FOREVER!!! Clerk gets on the phone with the bakers-----YALL NOT KNOW HOW TO SPELL BIRFDAY BACK TEAR?' At this point I wanted to crawl under my car buggy and hide. I am not confrontational and I would have paid full price----BUT NO....IT WAS FREE!!! WAHOOOOO!!
So much cake story left to tell but who is really interested anyway. This was my lesson learned story. Either have major plans to do your own, or from now on, contact my friends at Dream Cakes...

4 comments:

Amy said...

OK, SOOOO FUNNY, EVERY CAKE THAT I HAVE EVER ORDERED FROM KROGER HAS HAD SOMETHING WEONG WITH IT AND I HAVE ALWAYS GOTTEN THEM FOR FREE!! IT IS ALWAYS WHEN I AM RUNNING LATE OR ABOUT OT PULL MY HAIR OUT. TO FUNNY ABOUT HOW TO SPELL BIRFDAY!!! OH YEAH, DAIRY QUEEN IS SECOND ON MY LIST OF WHERE NOT TO GET A CAKE! SEE YA'LL TOMORROW, HARLEE IS SO EXCITED!!

Anonymous said...

So so so funny!!!! These are the hilarious memories our lives are made of

Carly Winborne said...

you have GOT to be kidding me. this is the funniest thing i have ever read. i guess it doesn't matter that 4 year olds can't spell. apparently people that work at your neighborhood kroger can't either.

hilarious.

the second funny thing in this post is the grammar coming from the check out lady on the phone.

0 for 2 at the kroger.

The Cross Family said...

way too funny...anytime you need to borrow my skills..come over..i think i can do a little better than that..i will at least spell it correctly