
Today was a great day. We headed out to the Yogi Bear park and played all morning at the splash pad/pool area and the kids had a blast. Caroline loves to go up the stairs and push all the buttons as to watch the water come down on others around her and Hayes loves to skip in front of everyone in line to go down the slide (we're working on waiting in lines). Kelly & Katherine joined us for a day with Yogi and it was super. Caroline and Hayes did not fight at all which made for a truly delightful day for me and neither one of them fussed a bit. Hayes would run off and I would chase but I do that every day, so that was nothing new. They have a great pool and the kids had a ball jumping off the side and splashing around in the pool. I really wanted them to stay together in one area
since it made me nervous to let one go down the slide unattended, but they both could do it totally without my help. You can see from these pictures (if you can visually put them together) that the slide is actually pretty high and big. Hayes and Caroline go down head first, on their stomachs, any way but on their bottoms...it is a hoot!On a side note, Caroline started off this summer as a very timid swimmer. We took two sets of swimming lessons and the first set was a total flop. The second set however seems to have helped tremendously. She jumps in and can really get around in the water. I am so proud of her and her new found confidence in the water. She loves it and I love watching her have fun. 
W
hen she is in the big pool with me and Hayes is there with us, everyone (except me) has to wear floaties....that is the rule....but if Hayes is gone, she doesn't have to wear them and she loves to take them off. She can't quite stay on top of the water but she is getting there and she isn't scared, which was a goal of mine for her and she is doing great.....I am so proud of her (you can't tell, can you???)

W
hen she is in the big pool with me and Hayes is there with us, everyone (except me) has to wear floaties....that is the rule....but if Hayes is gone, she doesn't have to wear them and she loves to take them off. She can't quite stay on top of the water but she is getting there and she isn't scared, which was a goal of mine for her and she is doing great.....I am so proud of her (you can't tell, can you???)


1 comments:
Looks like a REALLY fun place. Go Caroline!!!
Umm...I'd like to see YOU in the floaties! How come mom doens't have to wear them? :)
Again thanks for being my Fancy Nancy doll stalker! :)
Post a Comment