Friday, July 18, 2008

Emily is Getting Married


Our sweet Emily is getting married tomorrow and I can't wait! I taught Emily when she was a Junior at Brandon High and here she is, years later, getting married (yes, I feel old). We go to church together and she has become such a special friend to me and our family. She and David, her fiance' met at Mississippi State and are going to tie the knot tomorrow at our church here in Brandon.

Well, these pictures are from her 'girl' shower and I won't post some of the pictures that would make here totally blush in person and definitely knowing that many more people would look at them, but I had to post the one of her in this hat. We went to eat at a local Mexican restaurant and the sweet waiter noticed that she was wearing a sash and sitting at the center of the table. Being observant, he figured, hey, it must be her BIRTHDAY! Well, out comes the sombrero and the entire waiter staff singing Happy Birthday and we all burst out in laughter----it isn't her birthday, but we played along---he tried!

We had such a fun night and Emily is going to be such a great wife!

Caroline is going to be the flower girl---I covet everyone's prayers that she doesn't make a disaster of Emily's wedding......I think she'll do fine, but stay tuned :)

2 comments:

NIKKI said...

Oh I am sure she will do great. Just tell her she is the princess heading to her castle. Worked like a charm for us! :) Can't wait to see the pics!

christy said...

i laughed out loud when i read the end of the post - same thing i would be thinking for conner:) they are 2 of a kind!! i'm sure caroline will do fine and of course she will be beautiful!!! i miss y'all sooo much - hopefully we can move back to MS one day. congrats to emily!!!