Monday, January 14, 2008

A Trip to the Zoo

We promised Caroline a trip to the Jackson Zoo yesterday but she took a long nap & we totally missed the zoo. I told her we could go today and I had to keep my word. It was a bit cold when we headed out there, but once we got moving and were in the sun, it was a really nice day. My friend Kelly & her little girl, Katherine, loaded up in my 'bus' and we hit the road to the zoo. We felt safer riding together as the Jackson Zoo isn't in the best part of town.


The girls were excited and ready for our picnic-Chick-fil-A nuggets! They ate and were ready to play. Kelly & I were constantly challenging them to race one another in hopes of them wearing themselves out so they would take a good nap when we got home. It worked! They were pooped by the end. We had fun seeing the animals and pretty much walked in whatever direction Hayes headed. He rode in the wagon a little, but wanted to be on the move.

We bought the girls a Sprite and they thought they had won the lottery. They had so much fun having 'just one sip' and they were tickled they had the same drink.
We hit the carousel at the end and Katherine picked a beautiful deer and Caroline just wanted to sit on the bench. I finally talked her into sitting on an animal in honor of her Uncle Brett, who is on a mission to save animals. She agreed when she found out the picture was for Uncle Brett. Hayes just watched as the girls & I rode the carousel---he was fighting sleep! Hayes sacked out as soon as we got in the car. Kelly & I were doing everything we could to keep Katherine awake and she finally just could not stay awake. My little busy girl was going strong though....but as soon as she got in her bed, she was fast asleep. What a day!

2 comments:

Jodi, Steven, Kanon & Mari Blake said...

Fun!! We are Zoo members, and we hardly ever go. Need to do that soon! We are doing story time on thurs. afternoons now. Can yall come then? it's at 3:30.

NIKKI said...

Looks like a fun day at the zoo!