Today was a super busy, but very fun, day. We headed out to Madison to see our friend Logan and his mom, Melissa. I totally forgot my camera, but the kids had a great time playing and Caroline & Hayes loved all of the toys Logan had. We then headed to the Natural Science Museum and visited Nana. Hayes LOVED all of the fish and birds. He would loudly and in his deep voice do what would be the equivalent of a girl squeal, but if you have heard him talk, he has the deepest, raspiest voice you have ever heard. It was hilarious. I am very sad I didn't have my camera for that either.
Nana (my mom) came over and brought dinner. Hayes and Caroline love to be read to and Nana happily reads to them both. They love Eric Carle books and they are quick reads, so that was the story of the night. I think she read it about 10 times.Nana slipped out during bath time as Hayes is heartbroken every time she leaves the room. So, she escaped and our night of funnies began.
Caroline picked out her pajamas, which really aren't pajamas at all. She picked out sweat pants and her jacket. She had on no shirt underneath, just the jacket. I finally convinced her to put on a shirt, but it was not easy. I tend to let her dress herself at night since I dress her during the day and for now, she has no say on daytime wear...and she has been okay with that (we'll see how long that will last). We then had a dance party on her dance mat (which is a Target place mat that I got for .70 after Christmas) while Hayes rode Frunko (we have no idea where his name came from, but Caroline calls all horses Frunko). 
Hayes is my camera man and usually hams it up for the camera while Caroline runs the other way. Tonight Hayes wanted to take the camera away and did everything he could to get it away from me. Here he is trying to grab it from me. He was not successful as you can see!They had a blast and finally crashed about 7:30 (which is 30 minutes later than usual). This was a fun night and I thought I would share!

1 comments:
You are brave-- mine NEVER get to pick what they are going to wear... I am SCARED to open that up..we will be going to school in princess clothes and rain boots!
Post a Comment