Monday, January 21, 2008

Such a Good Girl


I have been sick for the last several days and Troy has been on major daddy duty (which I must say he does an amazing job with the kids) and today he was at work all day. Thinking that today could be it for me since I felt terrible and could barely hold my head up, I finally decided to go to see a doctor. My sweet friend, Melissa, kept Hayes so I would not have to police him in a Dr's office---they are glad I didn't bring him I am sure! I did take Caroline with me and she was SO GOOD! We got to the doctors office around 10:40 and didn't get seen until 1:45. It was ridiculous how long we had to wait, BUT, I did get a shot, meds, and I feel better already (not great, but I am typing and not in the bed) so it was well worth the wait.

So, I thought it was going to be a total disaster taking Caroline with me but MUCH to my surprise, she was PERFECT!!! I could not have asked for a better child today. She entertained herself with her colors, markers and stickers the entire time. She did want me to read a book to her over and over for about 30 minutes, and I gladly read even though my head was about to explode! Since she was so good we let her pick out a prize at the drug store. She picked out a Disney Princess paint book. She was so excited about painting that we let her stay up late to paint tonight. She painted pictures for everyone in the family and was so proud of each picture. She is growing up so quickly and I am amazed on a daily basis with her maturity and how it is growing (don't get me wrong, we are in the middle of TERRIBLE TWOS but she is acting so much better than in the past!). All said, we are so proud of her and her behavior that we thought we would share a picture of her painting.

3 comments:

B said...

Caroline looks like a little girl! How amazing is Troy??

NIKKI said...

I am there right now...went to the Dr. today. I have the flu! Even 6 hours after a cortozone shot I feel like a brand new person! Hope you are feeling much better now!

Andi said...

Hi Brittany,

It was so nice visiting with you....thanks so much for coming. Your children are absolutely adorable!! Please let me know when you have your show....Lisa and I both want to come.