Kelly & I decided to load the kids up and head downtown to the Mississippi Art Museum for the Fun Fridays Puppet Show. It was advertised to be a really neat fun thing to do for kids of all ages and that was not really the case. It was really geared more to older kids, but hey, we got out of the house. The puppets were beautiful and larger than I had expected. The story was of the 'Toad Prince' and it was really a great story that Caroline was able to follow and I was shocked to hear her retell it in her own words, but she got the gist of it. The 'puppeteers' were very talented and I was impressed....far more than little Hayes was! Hahah... Caroline was all about the puppets for a while and very ready to go after about 30 minutes. Hayes was bolting for the door before it started and Grace was just glad to be there. Katherine was happy in Kelly's lap, but asking to go during the entire puppet show. I think we were a show ourselves! I don't know what we were expecting, but it was not what was there. Oh, and to top things off, in the middle of the puppet show, everything was finally going well---Hayes had quietly taken his shoes off and I was okay with that since he was being quiet....then----He throws them and it hits a little boy in the head. How mortified can I be???? The little boy was a good sport, as was his mom and it could have been worse though I am not sure how exactly it could have been, but we retrieved the shoe and then decided to load up our crew and make an exit.
So goes the puppet show.....





2 comments:
THat is too funny! I was LOL at him throwing the shoe!!!
Yes, Mrs. Odom, you are absolutely correct. The puppet show was inappropriate for children four years and younger. If you had called ahead we would warn you. I am sorry about your experience and hope you'll bring your kids back next year or year after next when they will be older.
Peter Zapletal
peter@mspuppetry.com
Post a Comment