Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Playing Outside




After swimming lessons today, which FINALLY went well, we hit Target to get Caroline a 'Pony Prize' (which consists of a treat of any kind from the dollar spot---not sure why she calls it a pony prize and yes, that is bribery at its best!) and we then headed home for lunch.
Wanting to totally wear them out for nap time, we brought out the slip-n-slide and kid pool! Our neighbor, Thomas, brought his mommy over for a fun time. Hayes and Thomas are sitting on the steps trying to get grass off of their feet. The don't like things touching their feet and it's hilarious; they are boys, they are supposed to like things on their feet...whatever :)The kids had a blast and they are all fast asleep as I type. I think I may even take a quick nap while the house is clean and laundry is semi complete...can this be true????

Life is good!!!

6 comments:

The Segrest Family said...

yay! im so excited that caroline and camp are in the same class! i walked him in yesterday and there were all boys there - which i thought was so funny... glad to know there are some girls!!! camp loved it! im glad he was doing well when you came! all he could tell me is that he loved playing on 'that playground'!

NIKKI said...

So funny about the boys and their feet.

Too cute about the pony prize...will definitely have to keep that one in my back pocket. Yes we use bribery too!

Glad you've had a GREAT day!

BabyMakes4 said...

hey, I found your blog through Mandye Flowers, but Lisa Pattridge is my best friend and I have heard her talk about you. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. Caroline and Hayes are adorable! Sounds like you have a fun and busy household.

christy said...

bribery is my best friend - why? bc it works like a charm:) i use it all day long. that lollipop from caroline's party was a favorite treat so that was the payoff for a good while. if you need me to, i can send conner up there to teach hayes how to get dirty - he's an expert!!

BRETT BOROUGHS said...

I remember absolutely HATING the feel of grass on my feet when I was little and played in the yard. There's just something about grass, it feels different from mudd and dirt and rocks. I think it's the serrated edge on the blades.

Elaine said...

Hey girl, of course you can link our blog. I will do yours as well. Your kids are too cute! I love being able to keep up with people on their blogs!