Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hard Day for Hayes




Hayes has had a really hard time walking in a straight line these last few days and has been constantly falling. Not thinking much about it since I figured he was starting to take after me, (I am so clumsy) I didn't let it bother me. I did however start to take notice when he started falling---CONSTANTLY! He fell while trying to walk up the steps in our front yard and got a terrible bump/scratch on his forehead on Sunday afternoon and then on Monday, he fell by the back door and hit the brick fireplace! He cut his eye and has officially received his FIRST black eye. Well, worry-wart mommy made a doctors appointment so I could rest that he didn't need stitches or I could know that I was properly cleaning this terrible looking wound and I headed to Dr. Edwards on Monday afternoon. Feeling terrible that he looked this bad, he said his eye was fine and told me how to keep it clean. He also checked out his ears and said he had a double ear infection and that is why he has probably been falling---he is off balance! How awful that I missed a double ear infection!!! He was showing NO symptoms...no runny nose, no fever, no pulling at the ears, NOTHING!!! So he has apparently had the infection for a while, but he just tolerates it well. So, we are on meds and doing fine. Hopefully he will not fall anymore. It was just pitiful!!!


In this picture, he was eating pizza, so that is why there is red all over his face and nose....he is just a messy eater and this is when I took the picture---dinner time! He is now doing well and back to being Happy Hayes!

2 comments:

Jodi, Steven, Kanon & Mari Blake said...

that poor baby!! hope he gets better soon!!

NIKKI said...

awwww poor thing! Looks like he was enojoying dinner though! :)