Saturday, February 16, 2008

Haircut For Hayes


I know, I know, you can't believe I got his hair cut, but I did and it was time. I thought I would be far more emotional, but I did okay. I think it was because 'Uncle Mack' was there to video every second (how funny we had the appointment right after him--so I suckered him into doing the camcorder for us). It was funny that Melissa came with us for Caroline's first haircut and Mack just happened to be there for Hayes' first----what great friends! (The picture of him in the blue shirt was BEFORE his haircut) Hayes has SUPER curly hair and it is a tight curl----unless it is cool outside, then the longer strands have been sticking out and looking funny; when it is wet and we have brushed it, it goes about 4 or 5 inches down his back, so we wanted to avoid a mullet...) So, it was time to shape it up a bit. The girl that cuts my hair (also my very good friend), Ali, cut Hayes' hair. She had him sit still on the booster seat and he did fine. How sweet is his face??? He only got restless when Caroline started to bug him, but once I held him, she was able to finish. His hair still is little boyish and still curly---the curls did not go away (much to Troy's dismay) and I love it! It did make him look thinner though---he had so much hair! While we were there, Caroline said she wanted to get her hair cut as well. So she hopped on up and got a little trim. Hayes LOVED watching Caroline get her haircut, but after a few minutes, he went right on reading his favorite book, ELMO.

3 comments:

christy said...

i can't believe you actually cut his hair. he looks adorable. he's officially a big boy now.

Jodi, Steven, Kanon & Mari Blake said...

So sweet!! You are so lucky! Kanon goes crazy when we cut his hair. Thats why his hair is so long. I can't handle the tears!

Robin, Tommy, and Manze said...

Oh how sweet...he is so cute!!!!