

Troy spends each night reading a chapter book to the kids and the latest book was Little House in the Big Woods. One night,when he was almost done, he didn't get quite the response he usually does. He calls me in and here is what I find. They were both sacked out. I quietly moved Hayes to his room though I'm not sure why I was quiet. There could have been a football game going on and he would have stayed sound asleep {not normal for Hayes our light sleeper!}. This is the first time they have fallen asleep during the nightly read and it was truly precious. They have since finished this book and are on to Little House on the Prairie.
*They loved Little House in the Big Woods so much that we checked out the CD from the library. We listened to it to & from school each day for a week. I was shocked they were that into a book since they had JUST finished reading it but they loved it!!! They actually love listening to books on CD in the car, but this one is hours long. If you haven't read it, or if it's been a while, check it out...it's wonderful!


0 comments:
Post a Comment